Sunday, May 10, 2009

I got my scooter back, scooter back, scooter back, ribs...(sorry)

So yesterday I got my scooter back from the shop where it had a recall notice taken care of an it's 700 mile checkup done. Of course I drove it all over town, you know, to break it in, and check out what's new in town.

Obviously this sweet photo is from the roof of the Mosteller Garage, soon to be demolished, in what, maybe June, July? I'm not going to worry about it until I need to worry about it. Did you notice the decal on the front above the headlight? That's the US Army Senior Aircrew Wings the kind I earned in the Army. It should make the scooter go that much faster, that's how it works right?


One of the things I did was stop by the West Chester Farmer's Market, where a man stopped me to ask about the scooter. He was a man in his late 50's early 60's perhaps, and mentioned that he hadn't ridden a scooter since his youth in England. So that put him riding around about the same time as the whole "Mod" scene back in the early to mid 60's. I told him I was going to put a whole bunch of rear view mirrors, an RAF rondel, and wear Italian suits while riding around town, and he laughed.

That's Sting, from the movie Quadrophenia, you know?

If the weather holds up, I'll start riding it to work this week. Sure the summer of nearly 5 dollar gasoline seems to have passed, so any sort of calculations I've done on the scooter paying for itself have gone out the window, but still, it's fun to ride, so what other excuse do I need?

7 comments:

John Young said...

Stylish! I think the wings do indeed make it go faster.

. said...

Aqui en EspaƱa y en Italy, los scooter y las vespas son lo mejor, en las grandes ciudades!
Gracias por los comentarios en mi blog "en coma"!
Ultimamente estoy muy ocupada pero espero en futuro poder volver a escribir!
Para mi escribir y leer en ingles es lo mejor para no olvidar ingles..mas intretenido que un curso!

Pea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ralph said...

JATO rockets on the sides.

Yeahhh...

Otherwise your ride is looking sharp!
And yes, I heard Orlando's "Scooters for Hooters" charity ride was a huge success. O-Town and the Dub-C have at least ONE hipster thing in common.

Leia Organa said...

Cool! I hope to get a scooter soon myself. The wings will help for sure :)

Tom said...

I am seriously looking at getting a scooter. I hope to be joining the ranks of cool scooter drivers around the world. Would you recommomend one of the cheaper imports that have been so popular or a more established manufacturer?

Mikey said...

When gas prices go up you'll be ahead of the power curve.