Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My first Blog entry


Hello, and welcome to my blog. I'm not sure why I was compelled to create a blog, but my guess would be that when I first moved to West Chester, Pennsylvania, I relied heavily on Google searches for anything to do with West Chester, to find out what was going on in town. The issues I was having was that I'd come home from work to closed streets, because it would turn out that there was a parade, or a street festival, or a bike race going on, and I was clueless. Or, there would be street work which included chopping down trees, and putting in brick sidewalks. Other times one minute there would be a pizza joint on a corner, and the next minute it was torn down to put up an office building. Then, there are the occasional Hollywood movies being shot downtown, so in a nutshell, I kind of wanted to get a heads up on what's going down downtown, since after all, I live on the corner of Gay and High Streets, the main cross roads of West Chester. I hope maybe this blog forces me to become more involved in the community so that maybe people will reference my blog and maybe I'll "scoop" some of the other blogs in the area that I've so heavily relied on to keep me informed of the doings and transpirings afoot here in the "Dub-C". Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the inclusion of a picture. It seems real high tech. I'm still figuring out how to do bold type.